A Washington native, Dr Scott was born and raised in Centralia. After graduating from Centralia High School in 1988, he worked for a large grocery store chain. In 1995 Dr Scott began to further his education and eventually received a Bachelor of Visual Science degree from Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR. In 2001, Dr Scott completed and received his Doctorate of Optometry degree from Pacific University in Forest Grove, OR.
Dr. Scott is a board certified optometrist (American Board of Optometry).
Pacific University College of Optometry (1997 - 2001)
- Bachelor of Science (1999)
- Doctorate of Optometry (2001) with Distinction
- Laser Management of Ocular Disease - Use of lasers in managing anterior and posterior ocular conditions. Laser treatment of patients with open or closed angle glaucoma, retinal conditions, refractive anomalies, and capsulotomies. Management of possible complications and legal considerations.
- Ophthalmic Imaging - Techniques associated with capturing ophthalmic images. Use of non-mydriatic fundus cameras, traditional fundus cameras, and anterior segment slit lamp cameras. Video, film and digital image capture techniques; the use of computer enhancement/modification of images.
- Sports and Recreational Vision - Theory, diagnosis, and remediation of sports vision problems. Static and dynamic visual acuity, accommodation, pursuit and saccadic eye movements, binocularity, and gross and fine visual-motor coordination and specific sports. Sports vision research theory. The role and scope of the sports vision consultant. Laboratories involved the clinical diagnosis and treatment of sports vision problems.
- Kayenta Indian Health Services, Kayenta, AZ. An Honors evaluation was received from this location.
- Grimes, Kornmesser and Assoc., Olympia, WA. Emphasis in the fitting of contact lenses. Soft and rigid gas permeable lenses were fitted in all wearing modalities. An Honors evaluation was received from this location.
- Lake Chelan Community Hospital
All Services By Appointment Only